- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Words and expressions used in this Appendix have the following meanings: –
“PIN” means wannaPay Holder’s personal identification number used to authorise any wannaPay Transaction;
“PIN Pad” means a device used by the wannaPay Holder to enter the PIN or other data as may be specified by wanna;
“Receipt” means a document in form and substance prescribed by wanna produced by a Terminal, to evidence transactions and such document may be in an electronic form;
“Sales Reps” means the Merchant’s employees, servants or agents who have been authorized by the Merchant to sell the Merchant’s goods and/or services on the Merchant’s behalf and to collect payment on the Merchant’s behalf using the Terminal to effect wannaPay Transactions on behalf of the Merchant;
“Settlement Function” means the function carried out on a Terminal which submits all wannaPay Transactions captured on a Terminal to as the case may be, for wanna to make payment to the Merchant;
“Terminal” means a mechanical/electronic or any other device which reads and/or records the data of the Machine-Readable Medium of wannaPay Accounts and wannaPay Transactions;
“Terminal Receipt” means a document in the form and substance prescribed by wanna produced by a Terminal to evidence a transaction; and
“Vendor” means a licensed and/or appointed merchant acquiring institution authorised by wanna to appoint and/or acquire merchants for accepting the wannaPay.
- MERCHANT TO ONLY ACCEPT VALID WANNAPAY
- A Merchant shall ensure that only Valid QR Code are accepted through a Terminal. Where a wannaPay Transaction is carried out by way of a QR Code Transaction then prevailing procedures regarding QR CodeTransactions prescribed by the Bank and PayNet shall apply. If the Merchant suspects or ought to have suspected that the wannaPay Account presented to it is not valid, the Merchant must contact wannaPay to verify the validity of wannaPay Account. Such wannaPay Account shall not be honoured by the Merchant unless positively and expressly verified by wanna. If such wannaPay Account has been verified by wanna to be valid, the Merchant must record on the Receipt wanna’s authorization code and such other particulars as are deemed relevant by wanna to evidence such authorization.
Suspicious wannaPay transactions
- If the Merchant believes or suspects a wannaPay Account presented to it is forged or stolen, the Merchant shall, without at any time informing the wannaPay Holder or purported wannaPay Holder or arousing his suspicions:
- not process the wannaPay transaction;
- immediately inform wanna by telephone at the telephone number(s) notified to the Merchant by wanna for such purpose; and
- comply with the instructions given to it by wanna.
The Merchant is however not allowed to cause a disturbance, breach any peace or injure any person or property, or make any defamatory statement or act illegally or unlawfully in any way, and wanna shall not be liable for any such acts of the Merchant.
- The Merchant must NOT:-
- provide cash or cash advance against presentation of wannaPay unless it is with the written approval of wanna;
- receive any additional payment from wannaPay Holder with respect to charges for goods and/or services already included in a Receipt;
- in case of a wannaPay Transaction, request for any advance or additional payment either in cash or by cheque;
- require a minimum transaction amount below which the Merchant shall refuse to accept payment using wannaPay;
- collect separately from wannaPay Holder any tax required to be collected and the Merchant shall include such value in the Receipt or debit request;
- accept payment using wannaPay from wannaPay Holder for any payment of debt whatsoever incurred from a loan raised by wannaPay Holder except (i) where such debt has been incurred by the wannaPay Holder pursuant to an underlying trade transaction connected with the Merchant’s business; or (ii) where a cheque issued by the wannaPay Holder pursuant to an underlying trade transaction connected with the Merchant’s business has been dishonoured; and
- allow any transaction if the wannaPay Holder fails to present the wannaPay, as the case may be, to the Merchant.
- In accepting wannaPay Transactions, the Merchant agrees to:-
- use the wannaPay Platform provided by wanna and ensure its platform and equipment are kept updated and in good operational condition and meet the software requirements and service processes prescribed by wanna from time to time;
- allow wanna to impose limitations and controls on the ability of the Merchant and/or the wannaPay Holder to make payment using wanna Platform or the Machine-Readable Medium of wannaPay Account and/or to utilize the operation of wannaPay. Such limitations may include but are not limited to rejecting payments, or restricting particular wannaPay Holder from making payment using wanna Platform or the Machine-Readable Medium of wannaPay Account or maximum purchase amount mutually determined by wanna from time to time and notified to the Merchant;
- provide relevant evidence to wanna to prove that the Merchant has properly delivered or rendered the goods and/or provided services paid for by the wannaPay Holder within seven (7) days from wanna’s request. The relevant evidence shall include but is not limited to CCTV recordings in the Merchant’s outlet, as well as sales invoices and/or delivery orders and the detailed product names and prices of its goods and services sold. The specific type of the evidence will depend on the nature of the products but shall be of a nature and quality which can reasonably prove the Merchant’s fulfilment of its obligations to the wannaPay Holder. If the Merchant fails, refuses or neglects to provide the relevant evidence, or if wanna deems that the relevant evidence to be inadequate wanna shall be permitted to recover the transaction amount from the Merchant; and
- pay for and be responsible for all reimbursement amounts due to the wannaPay Holder for any unauthorised payment or fraudulent transaction which was not due to wanna or the wannaPay Holder’s fault.
- WANNAPAY TRANSACTIONS
- wannaPay Transactions must be carried out using a Terminal. The Terminal will issue a confirmation of the approval and generate a Terminal Receipt for the transaction. If the wannaPay Transactions is by way of a QR Code Transaction the then prevailing procedures regarding QR Code Transactions prescribed by wanna shall apply.
- A report of wannaPay Transactions carried out for each day will be provided to the Merchant by the next Business Day.
- wanna shall pay the settlement fund due to the Merchant within one (1) Business Days unless
- wanna has received notice to withhold payment or exercised its discretion to withhold payment; or
- the Merchant has breached any of its obligations.
- Refunds to the wannaPay Holder may only be made by the Merchant within thirty (30) days from the date of the relevant transaction and the refund must be performed through the Terminal. Refunds must be made by deducting the refund amount from the next settlement fund to be paid by wanna to the Merchant. If the next settlement fund (a) is less than the amount of sum to be refunded or (b) had already been paid to the Merchant at the time of deduction, wanna may deduct the sum to be refunded in accordance with wanna’s rights of set off. The Merchant shall not make any cash refund to wannaPay Holder. wanna may from time to time with prior reasonable notice to the Merchant amend this refund policy.
- REFUNDS AND OTHER ADJUSTMENTS
- Refunds by the Merchant shall be performed as follows:-
- Where wannaPay Transaction was made using the Terminal and the Merchant has not activated the Settlement Function, the Merchant shall reverse the relevant transaction in the Terminal; or
- If the Settlement Function has been activated or if the relevant transaction has been paid to the Merchant, the Merchant shall process an on-line credit transaction to wanna or any source nominated by wanna for completing a Credit Slip. The Merchant shall sign and date each Credit Slip and specify the merchandise returned, services cancelled or adjustments made and the amount of the credit in sufficient detail to identify the earlier transaction. A completed copy of the Credit Slip shall be sent to wannaPay Holder and to wanna within seven (7) Calendar Days of its issuance date.
- EQUIPMENT AND WANNAPAY READERS
- The Merchant must use all equipment supplied by wanna or vendor (including Terminals, PIN Pads) (collectively the “Equipment”) and Terminal Receipt in accordance with wanna’s operating instructions. The Equipment remains the property of wanna or vendor at all times and must be surrendered to wanna or vendor on demand or termination of use by wanna. The Merchant must pay for the cost of repairs and replacement of spare parts for the Equipment arising from negligent damage, unauthorised use, abuse or misuse.
- The Merchant must ensure that all Equipment are operational and ready for use and all installation fees for telecommunication facilities, electrical power points and telephone lines and any other operating and usage charges for the operation of the Equipment are to be provided by the Merchant at its own costs and expense.
- The Merchant is solely responsible for the prevention of the theft, loss, negligent damage, unauthorized use, abuse or misuse of the Equipment and the Merchant must immediately notify wanna if any Equipment is lost, stolen or damaged. In the event any Equipment is lost or stolen, the Merchant shall pay up to RM 2,000.00 the prevailing cost of replacement of the Equipment to wanna.
- The Merchant must inform wanna or vendor if there is any malfunction of the Equipment within one (1) Business Day after becoming aware of the malfunction. The Merchant must allow wanna’s authorized personnel to enter their premises to install, inspect, repair, service or remove the Equipment at any reasonable time. Once the installation, repair or service of the Equipment is completed, the Merchant must acknowledge its acceptance of the installation, repair or service in writing. wanna is not liable for the Merchant’s loss if there is any delay in the repair or replacement of the Equipment.
- The Merchant must not move the Equipment to a different location without first obtaining wanna’s or vendor prior written consent.
- The Equipment is for the Merchant’s exclusive use and the Merchant cannot allow any unauthorized person(s) to use or access to the Equipment or grant any third party any rights over the Equipment.
- The Merchant must make sure that the Equipment is not tampered with (e.g. no illegal modification, reverse engineering to the Equipment, removal, hiding or altering any markings which indicate ownership of the Equipment).
- The Merchant must: –
- comply with all requirements of the PCI-DSS and the wanna when carrying out wannaPay Transactions;
- be solely responsible for and shall bear all cost and expenses for the setting-up, maintenance, upgrading, security and integrity of the Merchant’s computer system, software and all costs thereof necessary for it to carry out transactions; and
- keep all systems and media containing any information or data (whether physical or electronic) relating to wannaPay Holder, wannaPay Accounts and transactions in a secure manner in no less than the standards prescribed by the PCI-DSS, such as without limitation encrypting transmission of wannaPay Holders’ data and sensitive information across public network, to prevent access by or disclosure to any unauthorized personnel. If any information or transaction data stored in any part of the Merchant’s system is lost, damaged, stolen, tampered or otherwise compromised, the Merchant must immediately report and give written notice of this to wanna once the Merchant becomes aware of it.
- Where the Merchant has installed its own terminal (“Merchant’s Terminal”), the Merchant must ensure that the:-
- Merchant’s host system is able to process the wannaPay data;
- Merchant’s Terminal is installed and/or upgraded at the cost and expense of the Merchant in accordance with the standards specified by wanna;
- Merchant’s Terminal is maintained in good working condition at the cost and expense of the Merchant; and
- Merchant’s Terminal is operating properly at all times. If the Merchant’s Terminal malfunction, the Merchant immediately notify wanna and repair the Merchant’s Terminal at the Merchant’s own cost and expense.
The Merchant is solely responsible for all loss or damage arising from the inaccuracy of any data or information transmitted to and/or from the Merchant’s Terminal.
- In an emergency, wanna may, without having to give notice or reason, deactivate the Merchant’s Terminal from wanna’s system. If no prior notice was given, wanna will use its best efforts to notify the Merchant as soon as practicable after the deactivation.
- At any time upon wanna’s request, the Merchant must allow wanna or its contractors to inspect the Merchant’s Terminal.
- TERMINATION OF THE USE OF TERMINALS OR THIS CHANNEL AT SPECIFIC OUTLETS
- wanna may terminate the use of all or any of the Terminals at any one or more or all of the Merchant’s outlets by giving the Merchant thirty (30) days’ written notice. The Merchant may also terminate the use of all or any of the Terminals at any one or more or all of the Merchant’s outlets by giving the Bank thirty (30) days’ written notice. If the use of any of the Terminals has been terminated, the Merchant shall return the Equipment supplied by wanna at such terminated outlets within thirty (30) days.
- APPENDIX A (INCLUDING SCHEDULES 1) TO BE READ WITH MERCHANT SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Appendix A (including Schedules 1) is to be read together with wanna’s Merchant Services Terms and Conditions. Where there is inconsistency, Appendix A (including Schedules 1) shall override the Merchant Services Terms and Conditions, in so far as it relates to the Terminal.
Version : V1.001